Part time receptionist
We are looking for an exceptional part time receptionist to join our small, friendly team based in Puddletown. This is a busy, customer facing role so you will need to have excellent customer service skills, be computer literate and be happy to work independently as well as being part of the PVV team.
Reception is the hub of the practice and can be really busy at times, so you must be able to work well under pressure and prioritise your workload. Our vets see a wide range of pets from dogs and cats to small furries, reptiles and birds so every day is different and varied.
The receptionist role includes:
- being the first contact with clients, answering phone calls and emails and greeting clients and their pets when they arrive for appointments
- booking appointments and updating customer details on our practice management system
- taking orders for medication
- processing payments
- general admin duties such as scanning and filing
- keeping the reception area clean and tidy
- managing dispensary, receiving and checking orders from suppliers, stock rotation
Veterinary reception experience is not necessarily required but a willingness to learn and become part of the team is essential.
Working hours will be within the practice opening hours of Monday to Friday 8.30am-6.30pm and Saturday 8.30am-2pm. The position will be for around 15-18 hours a week with exact shifts to be confirmed but there will be a mix of morning/afternoon shifts plus some Saturdays on a rota basis and additional hours covering annual leave.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com